Friday, January 21, 2005

10 Things I hate about Nobu

1. He's a linguist.

2. He's a phonologist.

3. He likes phonetics.

4. He doesn't like sociocultural linguistics.
How can you not like it?

5. He makes me feel bad by studying too hard.
-When I didn't even have a phonetics textbook in the very beginning of a phonetics course, he was already reading ch.8.
-He made phonology reading copies for me, which I extremely appreciated. Then I realized that he didn't have to take it. Why are you reading a material for a class that you don't take during winter break, you stupid phonologist!

6. Whenever I ask a simple question, he responds with a very long explaination which gets me more confused.
-One time he even stood up and draw a diagram when I asked 'what is typology?'

7. I cannot leave a message in his voice mail.
-Call and check it out. There is 'eh?' then long pause continues with background noise like forever...

8. He says he likes to cook, but he's never cooked for me.
-Shame on you.

9. He tucks his shirts in.
-Look around. Can you not pick up something from these cute college kids?

10. He's a man.

1 Comments:

Blogger K-Oh said...

This is his reply:

You are a reallly good linguist, because you observe and analysize the data
(it's me) and find a lot of features.
Sorry I don't know how to send the comment to that (I hate technology!!!),
but to tell the truth you made two mistakes, I didn't read phonology
textbook completely, I just read about 40 pages... and I didn't tell you
about Typology, but I told you about Optimality Theory, it is very related
to Phonology. I love Optimality Theory!!! However, almost all your
analysis are correct!!! So you are a really great linguist!!!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home